Stop the presses!
There’s news from the front! Due to a reshuffling of my social calendar, it looks like the first of the new dates is now going to be tomorrow! I will be heading to London to meet her after work.
Having considered the lessons from previous dates, here is my list of ‘things to improve on:
- Turn up on time. Seriously. If anything turn up early and then mooch around for a bit so you can breeze in at just the opportune moment. Looking flustered and red-faced as you rush in to meet a date is a BAD look.
- KNOW YOUR ROUTES! Don’t wing trying to find the place when I get there. Google street view is your friend!
- Make sure I am actually going to the RIGHT venue. After the Babyfoot Café fiasco I have learned to check and double check that the ‘left-handed Hungarian restaurant staffed entirely by dancing dwarves’ is the correct ‘left-handed Hungarian restaurant staffed entirely by dancing dwarves’ and not the ‘other’ branch which is 20 minutes walk away.
- Do not drink margaritas. Not even 1.
- More specifically, do not drink much at ALL!
- Avoid strange-looking men with cute dogs.
If I can manage all this then it’s pretty much a guaranteed success, right?